EFFECTIVE 18 MAY2018
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- InformationWe Share
- Your Privacy Choices
- Accessing Our Sites Globally
Information We Collect
X-Ritecollects the following types of information through the X-RiteSites:
- Information you provide. Personal Datayou provide when registering for our products and services, responding to questionnaires or surveys, or contacting X-Ritecustomer service.
- Information collected automatically.Your IP address and non-identifying information about your use ofX-RiteSites may be collected automatically using tracking technologies, such ascookies. Your website browser software can be set to reject all cookies; however, cookies can allow you to take advantage of someof the site’s essential features, which may not work if you reject cookies.
- Information collected from other sources.We maycombineinformation about you from X-RiteSites, information collected offline,or from external parties.
How We Use Your Information
X-Rite uses the information we collect for thefollowing purposes:
- To provide you with the X-Riteproductsand servicesyou request.
- To offer and provide information about similar and/or related products and services.
- Tocustomize and improve your experienceon X-RiteSites.Commented
- To generallyimprove our products and X-RiteSites and other internal business purposes.
- To notify and report to authorities under our legal obligations.
Under European data protection laws, X-Ritemust have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in aparticularinstancewill depend on the specific purposes described above for which X-Riteis processing your Personal Data:
- In certain instances, X-Ritemay ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Datamay be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt out of this processing, or your choice to opt out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In yetother instances, X-Ritemay process your Personal Databased on X-Rite’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section.
Processing operations may include the recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. The Personal Datawe collect about you may be stored for tenyears following the most recent interaction we have had with you, after which point it will be archived only for so longas reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
Information We Share
X-Rite does not sell or disclose your Personal Datato third parties without your consent, except:
- To another company in connection with the sale or transfer of one of ourproduct lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of X-Rite’s affiliates.
- To governing regulatory authorities or as may otherwise be necessary for X-Riteto comply with a legal obligation or demand.
Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to see and get a copy of the Personal Dataabout you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Dataabout you. You have the right to receive data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Dataor the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Dataabout you.To seek access to Personal Dataabout you, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt out of particular programs, please contact our Privacy Leaderby clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the X-RiteSite you are using, by using the X-Ritecontact information on the X-Ritemobile application you are using, or by e-mailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a letter to the following address:X-RitePrivacyLeader4300 44thStreet SEGrand Rapids, MI49512USAYour localData Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that applicable privacy lawsarefollowed in your locality. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not ableto resolve a problem directly withus and wish to make a complaint, please contactyour local Data Protection Authority.
X-Ritemaintains controls to protect and secure Personal Data, but when you share Personal Dataonline there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could gain access to your information.
Accessing Our Sites Globally
Effective 18 May 2018
Types of Information We Collect Online
Information You Provide
You do not have to register for a service or program to receive much of the information available through the PantoneSites. However, some of our content is available only to registered or identified users and will require you to set up a profile or provide specific information about yourself in order to provide you the content.Personal DataYou Provide When Visiting PantoneSitesPantonecollects Personal Datathat you provide on PantoneSites, for example,when purchasing a product,requestingmarketing information, contactingPantonecustomer service, or respondingto Pantonequestionnaires or surveys. This could include:
- Contact information such as your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address
- Registration information such as your username orpassword
- Employment, education and other background information when you inquire about employment withPantone
- Payment information (such as banking information, payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, andbilling address)
- Content you may provide (for example, when you complete our Online Contact Form or submit other information).
Personal DataYou ShareDuring Other Interactions with Pantone
You may contact Pantoneto ask questions, discuss your concerns,or report issues regarding our productsor services. If you communicate with or request information from Pantone, you may be prompted to provide your contact information as well as any Personal Datathat is relevant to your request.
Information That May Be Collected Automatically
When you use the PantoneSites, we also may collect certain usage and device information automatically as described below.
We may record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or other electronic devicewhen you visit the PantoneSites. An IP address identifies the electronic device you use to access the PantoneSites, which allows us to maintain communication with your computer as you move aboutthePantoneSites and to customize content.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also collect information about your use of the PantoneSites through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A “web beacon” is a transparentgraphic image placed on a website, e-mail or advertisement that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic. These technologies help remember your preferences and allow us to bring you the content and features that are likely to be of greatest interest to you on the basis of “clickstream” data that shows your previous activities onthePantoneSites.We utilize Google Display Advertising (such as Display Advertising on Facebook and Instagram, Retargetingwith Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to (1) show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits tothePantoneSites, and (2) better understand our ad impressions and use of ad services. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve ourmarketing campaigns and site content.
Some of our online advertising takes place through Google Display Advertising. As part of this program, we use Google Analytics features such as Retargeting. In connection with that feature and others offered by ad networks, we and the operators of ad networks, including Google, may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) –and in some cases first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) –to inform, optimize and serve ads across the internet,basedon a user’s past visits to the PantoneSites. We may also show you ads from some of our affiliates when you visit the PantoneSite. You can opt out of Google Ads by visiting Google Ad Settings. If you do not want your data used by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at the Google Analytics opt-out page. This PantoneSite is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
To learn more about cookies and other tracking technologies, including how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that some cookies are essential to the functioning of our sites and deleting or disabling them will reduce the site’s functionality.
Some PantoneSites are available either as mobile applications or mobile sites that you can use on your mobile device. If you use a mobile device to access and use the PantoneSites, we may collect the following mobile-specific information in addition to the other information described above: device or advertising ID, device type, hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your mobile operating system, the platform used to access or download the PantoneSite (e.g., Apple, Google, Amazon, Windows), location information and usage information about your device and your use of the PantoneSites.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may combine information about you from a visit to one PantoneSite with information about you from visits to other PantoneSites. We may also combine information about you that is collected through the PantoneSites with information that we have collected offline, as well as with information provided to us by third parties, such as third-party list providers.
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Datato provide you theproductsandservices you request, communicate with you, improve your experience on the PantoneSites, generally improve our products and services,and for other internal business purposes.These uses may also include the recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. The Personal Datawe collect about you may be stored for tenyears following the most recent interaction we have had with you, after which point it will be archived only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
Providing Productsand ServicesYou Request
If you choose to purchase our productsor receive ourservices, we use the Personal Datathat you provide through the PantoneSites tomanage your orders and invoices,to process payments, to respond to your questions, to provide you the products or services you request,and to offer an optimal customer experience.
You may also receive marketing information from Pantoneand ouraffiliates, such as offers regarding similar or relatedproducts or services, invitations to participate in surveys about our products, or notifications about special promotions. In such cases, we will use your contact and other Personal Datato send you marketing information.
Customized User Experiences
Business and Product Improvement
In order to discover new facts that could help Pantonebetter understand customer needs and help improve, develop, and evaluate products, services, materials, and programs, Pantoneanalyzes the information that you have provided. For these purposes,Pantonedoes not use information that can directly identify you.
Site Analytics and Improvement
We may use the information that you provide and the information we collect automatically about your use of the PantoneSites to monitor user traffic patterns and preferences for site improvement, analytics,and optimization.
Forward to a Friend Feature
If our referral service is available and you choose to use it to tell a friend about a PantoneSite, we will ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address. Your e-mail address will appear as the sender of the e-mail and we will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the PantoneSite. Both your e-mail address and the recipient’s e-mail address will not be used for any other purpose except to facilitate the sending of this one-time e-mail to your friend. Pantonestoresthis information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral service.
LegalBasis for Processing
Under European data protection laws, Pantonemust have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in a particular instancewill depend on the specific purposes described above for which Pantoneis processing your Personal Data:
- In certain instances, Pantonemay ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Datamay be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt out of this processing, or your choice toopt out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In yetother instances, Pantonemay process your Personal Databased on Pantone’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, andabout scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section.
Information We Share
We only share your Personal Datawith third parties as described below. We do not sell or disclosePersonal Datato third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Third-Party Advertising and Online Behavioral Advertising
You may be provided with online advertisements of Pantoneproducts and services on third-party websites and mobile services that are tailored to you, for example, on the basis of information that you provide to Pantoneor a third-party website you are visiting, or your browsing activity, purchases, or interests. These types of tailored online advertisements may come through several sources, such as the following:
- We may share with our advertising service providers your non-identifying information that we have obtained from cookies and other tracking technologies on our PantoneSites.
Affiliates, Distribution Channel Partners, Vendors,and Suppliers
We may partner with other companies to provide you with content or services on a joint or “co-branded” basis. At a co-branded site, you will see both the Pantonelogo and the logo of the co-branding partner displayed on your screen. You should read the individual privacy policies of our co-branding partners, as they may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these policies will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information to a given site.
If you contact Pantoneregarding your experience in using one of our products, we may use the information that you provide in submitting reports to theapplicablegovernmentregulatory authority, as required of us by law.
Legal Rights and Obligations
In certain limited circumstances, Pantonemay need to disclose your Personal Datain order to comply with a legal obligation or demand, such as to comply with reporting obligations to applicablegoverning regulatory authorities regarding the safety of our products, or in connection with the sale or transfer of one of our product lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of the Pantone’saffiliates. In such instances, we will take measures to protect your Personal Datato the extent possible. We also reserve the right to use Personal Datato investigate and prosecute users who violate our rules or who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property.
Change in Organization
Pantonedoes not knowingly collect or use any Personal Datadirectly from children on PantoneSites (Pantonedefines“children” as minors younger than 18). We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, to communicate with us, or to use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to see and get a copy of the Personal Dataabout you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Dataabout you. You may have the right to receive datathatyou have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Dataor the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Dataabout you. To seek access to Personal Dataabout you, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt out of particular programs, please contact our Privacy
Leaderby clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the PantoneSite you are using,by using the Pantonecontact information on the Pantonemobile application you are using, or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. You may also send a letter to the following address:
Your localData Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that applicable privacy lawsarefollowed in your locality. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a compliant, please contactyour local Data Protection Authority.
In all communications to Pantone, please include youre-mailaddress, the website address, mobile application, and/or specific Pantoneproductto which you provided your Personal Data(e.g., pantone.com), and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete, amend, or correct your Personal Dataand are contacting us by e-mail, please put “Deletion Request” or “Amendment/Correction Request” in the subject line of the e-mail. We will respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner and may need to further confirm your identity in order to process certain requests.
Pantonemaintains reasonable technical, administrative,and physical controls to secure any Personal Datacollected through the PantoneSites. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Dataover the internet, especially your financialinformation. Pantonecannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Data; therefore, when submitting Personal Datato PantoneSites, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
Third-Party Sites and Social Media Plug-ins
Accessing Our Sites Globally
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Datathat we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.