EFFECTIVE 18 MAY2018
Information We Collect
X-Rite collects the following types of information through the X-Rite Sites:
- Information you provide. Personal Data you provide when registering for our products and services, responding to questionnaires or surveys, or contacting X-Rite customer service.
- Information collected automatically. Your IP address and non-identifying information about your use ofX-Rite Sites may be collected automatically using tracking technologies, such ascookies. Your website browser software can be set to reject all cookies; however, cookies can allow you to take advantage of someof the site’s essential features, which may not work if you reject cookies.
- Information collected from other sources. We may combine information about you from X-Rite Sites, information collected offline,or from external parties.
How We Use Your Information
X-Rite uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the X-Rite productsand servicesyou request.
- To offer and provide information about similar and/or related products and services.
- Tocustomize and improve your experienceon X-Rite Sites.Commented
- To generallyimprove our products and X-Rite Sites and other internal business purposes.
- To notify and report to authorities under our legal obligations.
Under European data protection laws, X-Rite must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in aparticular instance will depend on the specific purposes described above for which X-Riteis processing your Personal Data:
- In certain instances, X-Rite may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Datamay be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt out of this processing, or your choice to opt out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In yetother instances, X-Rite may process your Personal Databased on X-Rite’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section.
Processing operations may include the recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. The Personal Datawe collect about you may be stored for tenyears following the most recent interaction we have had with you, after which point it will be archived only for so longas reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
Information We Share
X-Rite does not sell or disclose your Personal Datato third parties without your consent, except:
- To another company in connection with the sale or transfer of one of ourproduct lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of X-Rite’s affiliates.
- To governing regulatory authorities or as may otherwise be necessary for X-Rite to comply with a legal obligation or demand.
Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to see and get a copy of the Personal Dataabout you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Dataabout you. You have the right to receive data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Dataor the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Dataabout you.To seek access to Personal Dataabout you, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt out of particular programs, please contact our Privacy Leaderby clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the X-Rite Site you are using, by using the X-Rite contact information on the X-Rite mobile application you are using, or by e-mailing us email@example.com. You may also send a letter to the following address:
X-Rite Privacy Leader 4300 44thStreet SEGrand Rapids, MI49512USA
Your localData Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that applicable privacy lawsarefollowed in your locality. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not ableto resolve a problem directly withus and wish to make a complaint, please contactyour local Data Protection Authority.
X-Rite maintains controls to protect and secure Personal Data, but when you share Personal Dataonline there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could gain access to your information.
Accessing Our Sites Globally