Color measurement in the carpet industry
Non-contact Spectrophotometer ERX 130:
The system delivers continuous color measurement and quality reporting. The integrated calibration shows constant reliable measurement results even in rough environments. The system cannot only be used as stand-alone unit, but also with a traversing beam for web inspection. Color deviations can be detected and visualised in machine direction and in cross direction to proof the quality of the produced goods. Batches can be qualified and sorted in different qualities to ensure a homogenous appearance within one shipment.
The measurement is available with optional IR non-contact thermometer for 0 – 100°C (32 – 210°F). A thermochromism compensation ensures measurement results like in the laboratory.
- coaxial measuring geometry
- Short-term repeatability: ≤ 0.1
- ΔE cmc (2:1) for 12 colored tiles (BCRA)
- Long-term repeatability: ≤ 0.20 ΔE cmc (2:1) for 12 colored tiles (BCRA)
- Inter-instrument agreement: ≤ 0.30 ΔE cmc (2:1)
- Measuring distance: 300 mm (11.8″)
- Measuring area: 70 mm (2.8″) diameter